As a society, we acknowledge the challenges and adversity we have endured in recent years. We pray for God's strength, comfort, and guidance to lead us in any difficult time. We want to remind you that God's goodness reigns, and you can find peace in His Word every day. Today we are sharing 10 Scriptures to bring you hope and encouragement.
Gateway's Fresh Start Bible contains the NLT translation and over 500 discipleship articles and studies. Pastor Robert Morris, Jack Hayford, and other key leaders answer common questions and provide the tools for building a strong spiritual foundation. You can learn more or purchase a Fresh Start Bible at the link here.
1. "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." (Philippians 1:6)
2. I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13).
3. "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
4. In His kindness God called you to share in His eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation (1 Peter 5:10).
5. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love (Romans 5:5).
6. “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect” (Romans 12:2).
7. “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).
8. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need (Matthew 6:33).
9. So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you (1 Peter 5:6-7).
10. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever” (Revelation 21:4).
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
New Living Translation, NLT, and the New Living Translation logo are registered trademarks of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.